Aparana

Why should we pray?

Leave a Comment
WE WORSHIP god in innumerable forms, as his manifestations are innumerable. But there is one long documented question that sometimes overwhelm me in wonder and sometimes stuns me. And that is- ‘why should I pray’? 

Some do it for self realisation, while others do it to see god face to face and attain ‘moksha’ (salvation). But I am still on my way to discover the absolute truth. As I have not yet found him, but I am still looking for him. And it is right to chase the reason as far as one could. 

The more deeper I go into the thought, the more perplexed I become. I sometimes wonder is ‘god just an idea’, who was invented by someone to frighten people into subservience to the prevailing structure of power. Or to provide ease in times of fear and distress. I find myself totally submissive referring to him as being. I feel the need to understand the dimensions of this eternal truth. 

The very existence of god is indefinable. No one knows how, where and why god exists. And if his very existence is uncertain, then do we pray to Lord for faith alone? Is it true that we are more protected by his grace and not by our work and good deeds? What is that extra credit, which one acquires while praising Lord? Will I commit a sin if I don’t worship him? 

And if I do, will it benefit me in any way? Will worshipping Lord really help me elevate my status in the paradise? Should we believe that ‘god alone is real and all else is unreal’? After analysing all these facts, should I bow before the Lord as a big question mark? Or is it better to go as far as the reason could take me?
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment